Cinnamon Zucchini muffins.

Banana bread is fine but I'm sick of it. Everyone makes banana bread. I'm sure everyone makes zucchini bread too, and once I've eaten too much zucchini bread, I'm going to make a different loaf and say the same ole same ole. I made this zucchini muffin and added cinnamon. Here's the recipe.



Yields: 2 8x4 loaves, 4 mini loaves, or 2 dozen cupcake-sized

Ingredients I
3 tbsp ground flax + 1/4 cup warm water (set aside for 5 minutes, then add the rest of the ingredients listed in Ingredients I)
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 tbsp white vinegar
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup natural apple sauce
...Mix together until sugar has dissolved pretty alright. Then add in,
2 cups grated zucchini -- peeling optional -- I found one 5-6 inch/"Medium" zucchini to give me 1 cup, grated

Ingredients II
2 cups white flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 tsp cinnamon
...Whisk together to ensure evenly incorporated

Optional: a total of one cup of raisins, nuts, dried fruit, chocolate chips, etc.

Method
Preheat oven to 325F.
Add in one half of Ingredients II to Ingredients I. Stir evenly and ensure there's no massive flour lumps, then add in the second half, being mindful of an even consistency. 

If using any optional add-ins, stir them in now.

2 LOAVES: Line, "PAM", or grease-and-flour your loaf pans. Bake for 60-70 minutes.
4 MINI LOAVES: Line, "PAM", or grease-and-flour mini loaf pans. Bake for 40-45ish minutes.
24 Muffins (in a cupcake tin): So far, I've only used liners. They bake best in 25-28 minutes.

As always, use a toothpick to check for doneness.

I've made these a bunch of times but never shared the recipe, because I thought they were pretty standard. Though, sometimes one person's "standard" is another persons wet bakers dream. 

These aren't glossy or oily on top, or throughout, so don't worry about these getting a beard overnight. Store in a cool dry spot. Split and eat with a slab of vegan butter, preserves, nut butter, that kind of thing.

No comments